The normal energy values of 2 tablespoons of Pudina paste includes;
Energy= 2 gm calories
Proteins= 0.012 gm
Fat= 0.03 gm
Potassium (K), Calcum (Ca), Phosphorus (P), Iron (Fe), Vitamin-C, Vitamin-A
Pudina for RESPIRATION:
- Rosemarinic acid is an anti-oxidant which can neutralize the free radicals in the blood. This is abundant in Mint leaves.
- This blocks the production of pro-inflammatory chemicals such as Leukotrienes.
- Prepares the prostacyclins which help in keeping the airways open enough for easy breath.
- The extract can inhibit the Histamine which alleviates the nasal symptoms and allergic rhinitis (hay fever).
- Breathing practices like Yoga Pranayama will help the muscles to gain strength because of availability of calcium, proteins and much energy in Pudina.
YOGA PRACTICE: Along with Pudina as Diet, doing Pranayama will enhance the electron transportation in the body. That reduces the free radical formation and keeps the cells energetic. Different Pranayama techniques lead to improvement in the subtle body called Aura.
Mint or Pudina for MUSCLES:
These leaves are rich in calories, Calcium (Ca), Phosphorus (P) and Iron (Fe). With all these values, muscle normal metabolism will be maintained without stagnation of toxins.
YOGA PRACTICE: Along with the intake of Pudina or Mint leaves the daily physical practices like Asana and relaxation techniques can help in removal of toxins from very corners of the body. Not only the skeletal muscles, the involuntary muscles
also gets benefited by this kind of food. This is how the muscles strength and endurance can be attained in a healthy way without any assistance.
Pudina for STRESS & CANCER:
- Phyto-nutrients for reducing the Cancer.
- Menthol for calming down the mind and Vomiting.
YOGA PRACTICE: Along with this Diet, Meditation can help the body to rest from the active state. Especially the awareness of all the situation will make the balanced personality called Yogic personality or Sattvic personality.
Pudina for SKIN:
Vit-A: reduces red marks on the skin
Vit-C: fight inflammation
Vit-Riboflavin, Folate: Complexion
Vit-E: Hair growth on the scalp
- Powdered sugar with leaves used as a scrub and toner.
- Direct paste on the skin (Salicylic acid of pudina) reduces the formation of Acne and blackheads.
- Aids in digestion by producing many acids. So It is not advisable to use during antacid usage (heartburn), Gastro-esophageal reflux diseases.
YOGA PRACTICES: Along with the diet having Pudina every day, yogic cleansing technique helps for the removal of toxins through another way of excretion. Yoga Kriyas like Jalaneti for nasal cleaning, Dhouti for stomach cleaning, Prakshalana for intestinal cleaning, Trataka for eyes and emotional cleaning etc., are the physical and mental body cleaning techniques.
- Raw mint should not be used for age below 7yrs.
- Don’t use for Diabetes Mellitus to prevent hypoglycemia.
- Since metabolism will increase for all the cellular reactions, it is unwise to use for high Blood Pressure patients. But these leaves can be used with water as a juice. Since the water can balance the high reactions of mint by providing the extra electrons or maintaining the P
YOGA PRACTICES: Regular asana, Pranayama & Kriya practices helps in homeostasis and immunity.