Phase 1 - YOGA TECHNIQUES
These topics are part of Philosophy, Anatomy.
- Principles of Yoga
- Concept of Stress
- Yoga Schedule
- Anatomy of bellow's Yoga techniques
Mantra Chanting / Recitation of Sacred Sound:-
This subject is part of teaching techniques. The purpose of mantra chanting in yoga is to generate vibrations and connect with the universe. Each mantra is special and rich with spiritual energy.
- Guru Brahma (Guru Vandana)
- Maha Mrityunjai Mantra
- Gayatri Mantra
- Surya Namskara Mantras
Asana / Yoga Postures:-
This subject is part of teaching techniques and Methodology. Students will gain extensive knowledge of yoga postures and will increase their strength, flexibility, and discipline.
- Hatha Yoga asanas: History and learning Sanskrit names with english meaning.
- Sura namaskaras.
- Standing poses: Triangle series, Worrier series, Dolasana series, Utita Hasta Padangushtasana series.
- Sitting poses: Head to knee series, Plank series, Lotus series, twisting series, Raja kapotasana.
- Prone poses: Locust series, Bhujangasana series, Dhanurasana, Mayurasana.
- Supine poses: Pawan muktasana series, Chakrasana, Halasana series, Sirshasana.
Pranayama / Breathing Practices:-
This constitutes 15 hours. Pranayama is an ancient yogic breathing technique that is used as preparation for meditation and is a vital aspect of practicing yoga. It improves the respiratory system and purifies the body and mind.
- Yogic Breathing
- Nadi – Sodhana
Yoga Gestures / Mudras:-
This subject is part of teaching techniques. The practice of Mudra hand gestures is an ancient facet of yoga. Performing gestures effects the energy flow of the body and can change a person's spiritual and mental characteristics.
- Jnana mudra
- Chin mudra
- Yoni mudra
- Bhairava mudra
Dhyana / Meditation:-
This as part of other subjects constitutes 10 hours.Meditation is a systematic practice that promotes physical, mental and emotional tranquility with the purpose of reaching Samadhi (self-realization).
- Breathing Awareness
This subject is part of teaching techniques. When a yoga practitioner moves through the various internal states of Yoga Nidra, a profound experience of relaxation occurs. This is called "Turiya," a sensation of pure bliss.
- Yoga Nidra
- Insant Relaxation
- Quick Relaxation
- Deep Relaxation
Shatkarma / Yoga Cleansing Techniques:-
This subject is part of teaching techniques. Yogic cleansing practices are important to learn the body as not noly physical aspect but also the other levels of existance. It also removes the physical impurities, energy channels, blockages of mind and the experiences as a real knowledge.
- Neti (Nasal cleansing technique)
- Trataka (Gazing practice)
- Kapalbhati (Cleansing the lungs)
- Dhouti (Vomitting practice)
- Nauli (Intra-abdominal massage)
- Basti (Reverse Enema)
Phase 2 - ANATOMY AND PHYSIOLOGY
This subject constitutes 20 hours. This is called as "Sharira Vignan" in Snaskrit. With this subject student can properly understand the physical body which helps to prevent injury before, during and after practice. There are two kinds of yoga anatomy: physical and spiritual. Understanding both types are needed.
- Digestive System- Basics and related yogic practices
- Respiratory System- Basics and related yogic practices
- Circulatory System- Basics and related yogic practices
- Nervous System- Basics and related yogic practices
- Endocrine System- Basics and related yogic practices
Guidelines in Studying Anatomy of Asana:-
The purpose of mantra chanting in yoga is to generate vibrations and connect with the universe. Each mantra is special and rich with spiritual energy.
- Muscular System- Basics and related yogic practices
- Skeletal System- Basics and related yogic practices
Yoga Anatomy of Asana, Pranayama, Meditation and Shatkriya:-
- Mind: internal and external awareness points at asana, Pranayam anad Meditation will be focussed.
- Breathing: Quick and Deep breathing concepts and their results as per Patanjali yoga Sutras will be clearly implemented for Asana, Pranayama and Kriyas.
- Biomechanics: Center of Gravity, Base of Support and Muscle efoofrts will be discussed to plan the advancement of asana or methodology of any practice.
Phase 3 - YOGA DARSHANA / YOGA PHILOSOPHY
This subject constitutes 30 hours of teaching. The student is going to gain the sacred knowledge and also the real yogic life. Patanjali Yoga Sutras are going to be understood and implement at every moment of the day. This is how personality can be changed to a balanced life (Sthitaprajna/Yogi).
- Introduction to yoga- Definitions and History
- Sapta dhatu
- Patanjali Yoga Sutras
- Emotions & 5 Senses
- Jnana Yoga
- Bhakti Yoga
- Karma Yoga
- Raja Yoga
- Basics of Patanjali Yoga sutras
Phase 4 - YOGA METHODOLOGY
This will be discussed as part of teaching techniques and Methodology in every asana session. Students will gain extensive knowledge on yoga postures and will increase their strength, flexibility and discipline.
- Structuring the Yoga Asana session.
- Tone or Voice of teaching
- Stepwise instructions
- Counting- with instructions, with benefits, with numbering, with breaths.
- Support the weak person physically.
- Appreciate the best performance with voice.
- Stay in the final pose with the meaning of "Stiram Sukham Asanam".