YOGA FOR KIDS
Since last few years yoga has become a lifestyle of every adult but do we ever consider sharing these yoga techniques with kids. Yoga can benefits kids in many ways, in today’s lifestyle kids face more challenges than any prior generation. Yoga is the best way to make them calm, stress free and it can help them to improve concentration, boost confidence. Yoga is an ancient practice helps in rejuvenating and increasing the amount of positive energy inside our body. It helps in calming down of body, mind, and soul. As kids, these days are into an immense amount of pressure from social and educational life. So, yoga is one of the effective ways to reduce pressure and increases strength & flexibility in kids. Yoga is a way to make them learn the health benefits too.
How to Prepare & Attracts Kids for Yoga
- The personal intention must be developed among the kids to join the Yoga classes. The main motive is to develop a sense of positiveness & kindness in the kids towards the art of Yoga. They are aware of the benefits of yoga from the early ages so that they are willingly participating in it.
- Yoga classes plan for kids must be flexible enough, as you cannot assume that kids will follow the inscribed set of sequence all the time in a focused & calm manner. One must open to all kind of energy during the classes as the kid’s yoga classes may not go as planned.
- A particular innovative theme must be designed for yoga classes. One can use humor to deal with the yoga classes of kids so that they can remain intact with positive energy.
- Before going to the actual asana, one must maintain a teaching tempo in the class. The use of introductory name games, yoga songs, warm-up exercises, dancing game, breathing exercises, and yoga story is the amplest way to start the yoga posture classes.
- Set the ground rules of yoga training like have fun, stay on your own mat, and be safe. Bring a sense of responsibility among the children.
- A yoga teacher can include fun elements like dress-up, art, drama, dance, puppetry, musical instruments, etc. for teaching yoga to kids. The class must be playful and full of inquisitive questions and creative expressions.
- A yoga teacher must be trained enough for the kid-friendly feedback like using “high-fives”, “wow”, “Amazing”, and “You are the best “instead of” good job. One can include cute certificates, lollipops, and rewards for kids in yoga classes.
- Growing with kids is the best way to handle a kid’s yoga training classes. Imperfections is just a word in the class of cute kids unless they love fun, play and love instead.
- Don’t work hard for the proper alignment of the asanas. The crucial thing which matters is that they are safe and having fun. They will achieve expertise in yoga as their practice continuous in adulthood. These classes are just to magnetize them towards yoga and maintain their health & fitness.
Benefits of Yoga for Growing Kids
- Yoga is one of the amplest ways to release pressure in the present hectic life. As children nowadays have to face a tremendous amount of pressure whether at home, school or in social life. This yoga pose helps in countering the pressure from the kids and maintain a sense of calmness among them.
- Yoga helps in improving concentration thus enhances the academic performance of the children. Regular practice of yoga increase the oxygen level that circulates in the brain and the body which improve concentration and memory retention. Thus, increase the focus and efficiency of the kid in the study.
- Yoga benefits the kids physically. The regular practice of yoga renders flexibility, sense of awareness, body balance, muscle strength, and coordination in the body. Yoga is one the optimum way to reduce muscle pain and chronic pain.
Yoga poses beneficial for kids are:-
Dhanurasana or Bow Pose
This pose stretches the arms, abdomen, chest, shoulders, and thighs and strengthens the leg and back muscles. It also helps in improving digestion.
Setu Bandhasana or Bridge Pose
These asanas help in calming down the state of mind and awaken the body. It aids digestion along with providing strength to the body.
Bhujangasana or Cobra Pose
This pose is known as the heart opening pose which increases flexibility and elevates mood. This pose increases the heat of the body and strengthens the shoulders, arms, and spine.
Marjaryasana or Cat Pose
This pose maintains the proper blood circulation and relaxation of mind. This pose also lengthens the spine and eases in the back pain. For kids, it also helps in stretching back and neck and provides strength to wrists and shoulders.
Savasana or Corpse Pose
This pose is beneficial in helping children to unwind with the time for Nighttime stretches and bedtime. It provides calmness and relaxation to the mind, body, and soul.
Gomukhasana or Cow Face Pose
This yoga asana is considered as the stretching exercise for armpit, thighs, hips, ankles, shoulders, deltoid, triceps, and chest. It also helps in strengthening abdominal and spine and helps in reducing knee pain.
Adho Mukha Svanasana or Downward-Facing Dog
This yoga asana is very helpful to kids who are suffering from the problems of indigestion. It also helps in eradicating stress, increasing flexibility & strength and energizes the body.