- Jala Neti: One of the shat kriyas. TTC students are happy to learn such ancient technique for the first time in their life. Felt free breath, easier and comfort which was not known before. Few also performed Vamana dhouti (Voluntary vomiting process) and Shankha Prakshalana (Loose motions practice) as an addition to their own health issues like constipation and irregular menstruation. After seeing the uses, students practiced themselves every week without fail. This is how they learned and lived the traditional Yoga life at Rishikesh Yog Sansthan with 200 hour Yoga TTC. Students in 200 hour Yoga TTC are practicing in a group. This is beyond negative emotions. This is how Jalaneti is also good for emotional cleaning. As practices were in the group, the emotional interruptions of learning were easily vanished and improved the cooperation among in further conduct.
- Yoga Teaching Technique for Jala neti: 200 hour TTC students performing the technique in a sequence and realizing the importance at every step. Tools like the Neti pot, amount of water, breathing, cotton cloth are essential to remember in this practice.
- Teaching Technique for Asana: Holding time. Asana can transform the cells with long practice and effort. This was mentioned by Patanjali Maharshi as “Sthiram Sukham Asanam”. Teacher along with student was having joyful time yet a testing time. Making the body as a mountain and feel the changes at the navel, the very center point of a mountain that is Manipura Chakra. Instructions;
Tool 1: Making clear, simple, short sentence.
Tool 2: Every movement with breath and focusing point.
Tool 3: Benefits and observations.
- Teaching Methodology of few Asana:
Bhujangasana or Cobra pose. Use spinal extensors to lift the shoulder part like Cobra. Otherwise, hands force will be very challenging for small joints of the lumbar region. Hence the elbows should be bent and palms should be as a standby for the whole pose. Students were allowed to feel the difference. This is Swadhyaya or self-study. Counterpose for Bhujangasana or Cobra pose is to balance the physical body. So, after intense spinal extension, Child pose is the best counter for the lumber joints, muscles, ligaments, blood flow etc.
House riding pose. The Sanskrit names from ancient texts are authenticated and benefit the person. But modernization in yoga brought many changes to show only the physical pose. This does not make any transformation through chakras. Students of 200 hours TTC will be trained to feel the difference with varying modern poses and identify the traditional pose.
Kandhara asana means shoulder pressure pose. Feet and Keens should be firm. This allows the weight on to the shoulder. This is good for rounded shoulders, kyphosis, neck pain from the wrong sleeping pattern. In this picture, student identified the mistake and giving instructions without external force.
- Outing to Kunjapuri Temple: Students express devotion through different yoga practices. Here; namaskar mudra, chin mudra with wholeheartedly to mother Kunjapuri Devi. Having class in the sunlight during winter is an amazing event of 200-hour yoga TTC. Catching the first rays of the day is an amazing and unexplainable experience at highest mountains of Rishikesh. This helps the students to remember the same event While performing Surya Namaskaras or sun salutations and also during meditation. Social yet devotional time for both teacher and student.
- Devotional Sessions: Visited Ganga Arti at the traditional school called Gurukulam. Prayers to sacred river Ganga and seeking to bless is the part of the Meditation session.
- Contemplation or Samayama: Sun salutations to Sun in the early morning at the sacred place is the intense practice. Students will know the action, time and place in reality. This leads to a definitive transformation.